How to clean old wall-to-wall carpets
People have an attachment to their wall to wall carpet and they don’t want their old carpets to throw out because carpets give you the makings of a proper home. During winter, carpets are warm on your feet, and during summer, no other flooring option can beat its softness. It is quite a challenging task to brighten faded carpets and rugs by rubbing them down with a rag or giving your old carpet a new look. One drawback of carpets has because of their ability to harbor and hide all kinds of dirt and grime. But people still love carpet for the warm, cozy, and the way it makes a room feel. To prevent your old carpet from stain, and dirt to enhance its shelf life, there are certain cleaning ways. Have a look,
When we want to give a new and fresh look to our carpets, regular cleaning is the initial step.
Do frequent vacuuming, and deep-clean scrubbing once a month is all you require to keep the carpeting in good condition. To make the super-dirty carpet clean again all you need to do is:
- You can have all the detergents at your home you want for deep cleaning carpets, especially when you have something of your own just a carpet shampooing machine. But that might not be a good option for your carpet’s material.
- You must have to minimize the effect of harsh chemicals on your carpet as well as on the environment, and for this, we have this recipe for you.
- Mix a cup of ammonia with a quart of water. Rub into your carpet with a damp mop and let it dry. Do not use this mixture on wool carpets.
- To get rid of carpets’ dents, fuzz the fibers back into shape using a fork. Simply stick the tines into the fibers and brush them straight up.
- You can also sweep your carpet with a broom to lift the fibers up and remove loose dirt.
- When you vacuum hard, but still, there’s just crud, crumbs as well as hairs which is a common issue every carpet owner have to deal with.
- The only solution to this problem is to purchase a lint roller and put some elbow grease until you collect all the adhering particles.
- Depending on the carpet type it will be less time-consuming to clean.
- Another tool you can use for cleaning is the squeegee, which is designed to dislodge gunk, frost, and other substances that form thin layers and stick to a surface just like pet hair on a short-hair carpet. Water the squeegee and just use it over the surface.
If you want to clean your carpet in low budget, the ingredients for a homemade cleaner are as follows:
¾ cup of Hydrogen Peroxide
¼ cup white vinegar
five drops of essential oils
two tablespoons dish soap
Two tablespoons of fabric softener
One gallon of lukewarm water but not boiling.
This is a much cleaner substitute as compare to the commercial products and you will be surprised with the same results easily.