Ways to prolong the life of your HVAC unit:
Published On February 5, 2020 | Home Improvement
- Clean the surrounding area where the HVAC system is fitted. Dust and dirt around the system will restrict the airflow.
- It is essential to check the system is installed correctly and is working on proper settings. Ignoring this can lead to system break down due to improper system installation
- It is a myth, the bigger the AC the better. A professional HVAC contractor can help you choose the right system depending upon the area and other factors.
- There are ideal temperatures that your HVAC unit should be set on, depending upon different seasons. These temperatures if maintained can help the efficient working of your system.
- Having basic knowledge about your HVAC system might help you in times of breakdowns. You can handle it for the time being until your HVAC contractor arrives.
- Set your register as suggested by professionals, to avoid strain on the HVAC system.
- Maintain your humid stats as per the need. Different seasons demand different maintenance.
- Keep a regular check on your batteries, ti see if they need to be changed.
- Lubricate your HVAC system at regular intervals. If not, they might wear off too soon and also will reduce the efficiency of the system.
- Keep the drain line free from dirt and harmful bacteria by cleaning it.
- Hire a professional HVAC contractor to provide maintenance services. This will increase the durability and efficiency of the product.
- Provide necessary repair and maintenance to your systems as and when needed.
- With routine maintenance, schedule 2 tune-ups in a year.
- In the fan setting, use “auto”. This will make sure the fan is running only when needed and not constantly in use.
- Regular changing of your filter must be considered if advised by the contractor.
- Air filters must be kept free form the allergens to improve efficient functioning.
- Give your HVAC system a break. Working non-stop can take a toll on your HVAC system.
- The fan and fan blades should be kept clean to avoid the strain on them.
- If your fan motor requires oil on a regular basis, it should be provided with the same. This will ensure the smooth running of your system.
- Keep a check on the leaks. Even if small leaks are detected take immediate action.
For the smooth and efficient functioning of your HVAC system, maintenance is essential. In order to avoid breakdowns and to prolong the life of your HVAC system, these tips are a savior.