Essentials of Garage Door Repair in Vaughan
The garage door is not what most of us think of much often, especially when it is functioning properly. The only time we pay attention to the door is when there is something wrong with its parts or components. As a result, most people are unfamiliar with the garage door or even its terminologies. To keep you on the loop, here are a few basics of garage door repair that you need to know.
Garage Door Routine Maintenance
The routine maintenance of a garage door entails inspecting the door, the different components that need to be working for it to properly open and close, and the opener. After that, the adjustments or repairs can be done where necessary.
If you are a handy homeowner who understands what to look out for, you can do this yourself without hiring a professional. However, if you don’t have much knowledge about how your door works, you will have to call your garage repair professional to help you out.
Usually, these types of touch-ups don’t cost much, and something in the range of $50-$100 should be enough. The professional will do a thorough inspection of the door and add lubrication to specific areas to make sure it has less friction and works smoothly. However, the biggest reason why it makes more sense to call a professional to conduct a garage door tune-up is to identify possible small issues before they turn into something bigger that will cost more to fix.
Garage Door Repairs
Routine maintenance is good, but sometimes there are more unexpected issues that a homeowner might face with their garage doors. Examples of these include damaged garage door panels, broken springs, broken chains and cables, garage door opener issues, and the door coming off track among other things.
Although you can prevent some of these problems with scheduled preventive maintenance, the truth is that issues can still crop up, some of which may need to be fixed quickly to enable the door to operate smoothly.
Here are some common garage door issues and what to expect in terms of the costs of fixing them.
- Broken Springs: Labor and parts will cost you about $200
- Panel Replacement: Things such as small holes, dents, and nicks are much better being filled than replaced. Where a replacement is required, the cost will depend largely on the garage door material. Usually, steel panel replacements cost about $150 while wood panel replacement costs nearly $200.
- New Opener: Where a new opener is required, costs will vary according to the style and model. Expect to part with $200-$450.
- Cable and Chain Repair: Generally, these parts aren’t expensive. However, their installation can take time. Therefore, cables and chains that need to be replaced will cost in the range of $150-$200.
- New Garage Door: Where you need to install a new garage door, the products will vary in price from as little as a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. The cost will depend on several factors like size and material among other things.
You definitely want to see your garage door working at its optimum. However, things never appear to go as planned at all times and you may need to repair it occasionally. Understanding the essentials of garage repair in Vaughan will help you know the kind of problem that might occur, making you better prepared for any eventuality.